Saturday, March 22, 2014

Taking it easy... still pushing!

 "I get by with a little help from my friends"... and in this case... my family!  I have been so blessed and fortunate to have such a loving and nurturing family who WANT to be near me and help me during this difficult time.  It's hard for me to relinquish my independence as I love to have a handle on "everything", but am learning, slowly, to Let Go and Let God (and whomever else is trying to help me at any given time.)

 My sister, Cynthia, came to help me for the last two weeks... from New York.  She was happy to get away from the snow and cold and equally happy to feel the warm, Texas sunshine on her face as she took walks and rode my bike during the time when she wasn't helping me by grocery shopping, cleaning, cooking and offering support by cheering me on.  She has now returned to her home and my mom will be here for awhile to help me before Caroline, my cousin, arrives.  It's so nice to spend time with them when there are no agendas or anything pressing to do, although I do miss my daily studio times... just too tired for much of that.


As much as I wish I could say I have the energy and stamina to do the things that ordinarily people take for granted in their daily tasks, it takes a great deal of energy for me to just take a shower and maintain a little 'exercise' so that I am in the best shape I can be going into the operation as well as the recovery afterward. The decline has happened so quickly that it's hard wrapping my head around the fact that I cannot do everything that I used to without great thought and output for each task.
Cynthia, Trish and Anita.... Say "Gluten Free!"  HUH!? 
That's Kevin for ya.. always keeping us smiling!
We've  made some progress by getting the LIVE LINK for the donations up last week. The outpouring of love and generosity has been phenomenal.  As the word spreads, I have faith that our needs will be met ...even though they seem so monumental right now to me.  

My Supporters so far    Here is the link to donate which we created:    www.youcaring.com/trishtaylor


I'd like to thank my supporters who have donated so far to the cause and in advance Thank You, if you decide to help me on this crazy journey that I am hoping will have a WONDERFUL outcome.... to live... and to breathe free again!

No comments:

Post a Comment