Tuesday, June 10, 2014

We have a new address!!!

We are so grateful to our friends, Lucien and Pat, who have been very generous to let us stay in their lovely home while we got ourselves situated and familiar with the Medical Center area here in Houston.  We arrived on the 7th of May and it's already been a month!  We can't thank them enough for all of the hospitality they have shown. They treat us like family and we certainly have made some friends for life!  We love their dogs, as well!

New Address: 
Trish Taylor
8181 Fannin Street, #812
Houston, Texas 77054
If you're sending a PACKAGE, please include the word TEMPSTAY below my name.

This precious time has enabled us to get our bearings and find suitable housing *Thanks to Holly Z. for a referral from her cousin* that is very close to the hospital, in the same general area which we've been living.. We will be able to come back and visit on a regular basis, as well.  They would love us to continue to stay with them but there are so many precautions POST transplant in which we have to adhere to that we felt it very necessary to be able to control our surroundings and living conditions. There are a lot of reasons to move now, so just trust me NOW is the time and not when we are backed into a corner and "have to" (after the transplant and I am in the hospital awaiting discharge. The exodus of college students at graduation just happened and we have been informed that many more are coming in again shortly.


One cannot be too cautious when it comes to so many things after being transplanted and is in a very fragile state.  Live plants as well as children with "LIVE" vaccines are a major concern in addition to many other things that one would not even give a second thought about.  We have learned, in the mandatory classes which we took, many things to reduce the risk of rejection to the lungs. In at least the first month, things will be very strict with a big learning curve. I think I can honestly say, it will be downright scary...much like it would be for new parents taking a newborn baby home for the first time from the hospital. WHAT DO WE DO NOW!?

The little table in our new, upcoming apartment. We move in
on the 10th. 
I will be learning a new lifestyle and learning to cope with new lungs, foreign as they are, healing my insides which were invasively opened up, pried open and parts of my God-given body replaced. I know it will be the most miraculous thing eventually, but there will be a lot of healing and therapy first!  I have faith that I will get through it all. I know that God is upholding me. He will provide me all I need just when I need it. I pray that I am able to rest solely upon Him.

Please keep me in your prayers.  The waiting is the hardest part. I just want to "get this party started"!  Thanks for all your love and support, as usual.  If you want to email me: trishkev@sbcglobal.net
I may or may not respond... it will just depend on how my day is going. I love to hear from my peeps, though, even though I may not have a lot of stamina to talk or write all the time.
Crazeee Cuzin's
Support my fundraising campaign, if you are able, now more than ever.  This could be a long time at an apartment and I am praying that "All shall be well"...  Donate here and/or buy a shirt... There is a new, lovely color of FRESH AIR Blue. 
www.youcaring.com/trishtaylor  or Blog  www.operationdeepbreathe.blogspot.com

www.oneon1design.com/just-breathe  For T shirts

No comments:

Post a Comment