Sunday, July 27, 2014

Update...from Kevin at post 23 days after transplant

This is what Kevin wrote on Facebook on July 7th

JUST BREATHE UPDATE (23 days post – Trish Taylor – double lung – June 14th 2014 TrishKev Team - Home Base Austin, Texas).

My Smaller Miracle.

Since Trish is getting into the 'recover and exercise' phase, it would be very boring to update you folks every day with trivial stuff like "Trish walked around the block again", or "Trish swallowed some Greek Honey Strawberry yogurt with her meds, then walked around the block again". If I did, you guys would be dropping off of my wall like Humpty Dumpty....


The photojournalism job will lie solely with Caroline as I do not have a strong enough telephoto lens to capture the speedy Trish from 200 miles away. If we encounter anything that we think is out of the ordinary, interesting or changes in health, either Caroline or I will post and update you . Otherwise, silence is a good thing. I remember not getting an update out until well after 1:00 one night and I was getting texts asking if Trish was OK since they had not heard from me! 


Don't worry folks, we will keep you informed about our small miracle as she progresses and dances in the street.

About this time, you are probably asking "Why did you title this 'Smaller Miracle'?"
Well, Trish has been losing weight and our coordinator looked into it and found the smoking gun. Turns out Trish was only getting 800 calories a day through the feeding tube and she is supposed to get 2500!!!!

Are you screaming "WHAT?" at the top of your lungs?

Just a lesson in hospitaleeze.... While I think hospitals in the USA have the best technology and tools for healthcare in the world today, they are still run by people. And anywhere in the world, people always make mistakes. So ya gotta watch everything that goes on in there with an eagle eye. Your life could depend on it!

So my smaller Miracle is smaller (or lighter) than she was last week, but soon they will put steak and potatoes in her feed bag and she will be back to just my "Small Miracle". I love her whatever size she is anyway!

Breathe Easy my friends,  Kev

http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fundraiser/operation-deep-breathe/150515




No comments:

Post a Comment