Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Home Sweet Home


(I got home the 12th of September and just getting around publishing this... sorry!)

I can't believe the joy and bittersweet feelings I had the last time I left our apartment in Houston. I knew I would NEVER come "home" to this place again, the place that grounded me, nurtured me and brought me back to the place I am now.  I know, it's just a "temporary home", but it was a safe haven in the Transplant City whirlwind that I have been in for the last four months in Houston!  Mostly, it was just because I was transitioning from one chapter to the next and with that... something always has to come to an end.  To start something new is incredible and sometimes scary.  Leaving this place, too, I was leaving the life and love I have come to know all over again!  The "childhood life" with my cousin Caroline.  We grew up together and this was the time I have so longed for since adult life to really reconnect with her.  I know I probably drove her crazy from time to time, but it was such a blessing to have her there, always, by my side. We go together like peanut butter and chocolate, caramel and caramel.. and yeah, peas and carrots.

With the excitement of leaving Houston and knowing that I was going home to resume a normal life again, or actually MORE of a normal life than I had been having for maybe the last ten years, considering I couldn't do a lot of the things I had done in the past because of physical limitations like Breathing and exhaustion.  NOW, I felt like I had the world ahead of me again.  Of course, it goes to saying that all the "warnings" from the health care professionals and ones who had gone trhough it all before were swirling in my head... hoping that I wouldn't make that "fatal" mistake and do "something I wasn't supposed to do" in the slew of restrictions I was supposed to follow... and there are MANY! With common sense, though, I think I will manage to get along with my new lungs I am still adjusting to.


With every waking day it just gets better.  The incision hurts less, the side affects of the drugs are beginning to decrease a litttle, I think the levels of the drugs in my blood are probably better stablized as well and I am getting better sleep at night rather than getting up multiple times in pain or to cough, etc.



No comments:

Post a Comment